Of Silence and Lies

"Hey, I had this really bizarre dream last night. It was like a fusion between Pacific Rim, Endless Summer, and Mass Effect all rolled up into one, and-"
"Yeah you probably watch too much movies."
"…But there's only one movie I mentioned…"
"Too much games then."
"…"

"God, I was so scared, I was almost got ran down by a motorcycle on my way-"
"Did you pray beforehand?"
"Uh, yeah, I did?"
"You probably didn’t do it enough, you should  be more pious."
"…"

"Hey, when are you gonna finish it?"
"Um…"
"The lady from across the street has been asking, you know. So does Mr. X and my friend Z."
"…"

"Why don’t you stack it so you wouldn’t have to go back all over again?"
"I don’t know how."
"Oh, I can help you-"
"No need!"
"…"

"Hey, why are you so quiet? You should talk to me."
"…"

"How can I help if you won't talk?!"
"…"


"Hey, are you okay? What happened?"
A concerned voice, soft touch on shoulder. Real? Fake?

Rapid blinking, cheeks wet, lump in throat. It doesn’t matter anyway.
"This story is so sad!"

A relieved smile, head shaken, slightly disapproving expression.
"Ugh, I thought it was something serious."

A wobbly grin plastered, hands shakily clenched.
"It is serious!"


The greatest lie is the most blinding.
And people are blind to what they don’t want to see.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Siapa Bilang 'Grepe -Grepe' Itu Nggak Baik?

Back to the Office! Tips Pilih Tas Kerja yang Paling Pas Buatmu

5 Tas Kerja Pilihan Terbaik