A Prophecy - Darkness and Despair (Newer Version)


I was skimming through my cellphone files when I find this. This is a modified version from my post A Prophecy : Darkness and Despairs (see here). I already forgot I had write this and when I read it I thought, hey this is isn't half bad, how did I write it again? And so I decided to replace the old one with this. 

The story line is actually incompatible with the fact that Nico revealed to be gay in House of Hades (I think I write this one before HoH is published), but, because I like how it is written, maybe I can make some changes here and there so that this'll go smoothly. But that's a challenge for after-Blood of Olympus.

And don't get me wrong, I'm still cheering for PERCICO!


~~*~~

In despair, too great to recall
Of questions a mark reveal all
Into endless darkness must the light fall
With blood of the half spilled
Eye of the day shall be awakened
And in light bearer’s hand an end decided


“…Take her, take her, drag her to despair… Swallow her, swallow her, drown her to the dark… despair despair where her smile will perish… darkness darkness where her lights will end…”
“…Bring us back, bring us back, bring us back to life…. Surrender, surrender, confer us your form… we will mend your whole soul, a soul full of darkness… we will be in symphony, in symphony will be… your soul, your dark soul, will be one with ours…”


“The prophecy, the whole prophecy…is about you. Father knows about this, so he protects you. He spares your life. Oh, but dear Val, even death is better than what you’re going to come through…. Be strong, dear sister, for the darkness will try to lure you. And believe me, if you cannot pass this then no one else would…” 

~~~^~~~

“Wh-what are you?...” asked Vala fearfully to the creature in front of her.
Us, my dear, are your friend. Your dearest friend. Your only friend when everyone else turn their backs on you. We're here, we're still here. We will always be on your side...
“How...I...I don’t even know you. I've never met you...”
Oh, but you do, dearest. We're always with you. In your quests, in your dreams, when you’re awake, when you’re  in deep sleep. We always there, dearest...because we love you, we love you more than anything else in this world can love you, more than your selfish comrades, more than the Olympians, more than your bloodline relatives...we love you, we love you the most...
“But I don’t...I don’t deserve to be loved, I’m a failure, I’m a fraud, I have turn down everyone I know, I have ruined everything, I have broken their hearts, I... I am... I don’t know what I am...” sobbed Vala desperately.
No, you’re not deserved to be loved by them. They’re just indulgent little creatures. They don’t know what you worth, they don’t know how precious you are, oh, they have no idea. They don’t deserve you. But we do, dearest. We know what you are, we know what you've done. But we still love you... we love you for what you are, after all you'd done. Because you’re the only one, dear Vala... you are special... you're irreplaceable...Together, we can avenge Amour, the one who caused all this happening. We will destroy her, to the last of her essence, for everything she'd done. Together, dearest, we will... we will...

>>>>>>>>>>>>

“You...” said Nico in a sharp breath. “You are Vala's twin sister, aren't you? You're Zala.”
The spirit he faced nodded. Her form was hard to see for it's always changing like clouds and smoke.
“How can you be here? You’re not one from Asphodel. You are sentenced for the Elysium. Why are you here?”
Save her...” whispered the spirit urgently.
“Save her, save who?”
Save her...sister...despair...she will drown...they lured her...help her...please...please...
“Wait, Zala, hang on. You want me to save Vala? What happen to her? Where is she now? Where can I find her? Who lured her?”
The spirit's expression's turned more fearful, “Be careful...the prophecy...save sister...the darkness...beware of the darkness...
“Wait, Zala! Zala!” shouted Nico. But it's too late. Zala's misty form had disappeared with the cold blew of the wind.

>>>>>>>>>>>>
“You met the spirit of Vala's sister?”
Nico nodded, his face was grim. “She told me to save her...”
“Are you kidding me? After all she'd done you actually want to help her? Dude, are you that pathetic?” snorted Connor.
Nico glared at him with pure anger, but Percy grabbed his shoulder, “We're being gathered here by Nico because he sees us as Vala's best friends, if you feel you’re not one, and never been one, you may walk away.” said Percy with extremely unusual calmness.
Connor turned his head and averted Percy's eyes, but he stood still.
“Eh, may I...have a word...?” asked Hazel.
Nico nodded, “Sure, Hazel.”
“I... I think what happened to Vala...all her changes...is not caused by herself, if you understand what I mean...” said Hazel. “Lately when...she started to change... she seemed depressed sometimes. She doesn't looked like that much, at least, not when she was with other people... but sometimes...when she thinks no one's looking, she seemed like she was about to cry, like she carried such a burden...I think she was hiding it and...”
“She did it very well. She is indeed a great actress.” said Percy grimly.
“I think... maybe I have something too...” Piper spoke up, “I didn't really think about it but... maybe...”
“She was once come to meet me. She looked tired, and I can certainly tell that she was just crying then. She asked me, can my mother help her, she said she can't stand this again, that she understands what my mother had told her, but maybe she can have a change of mind from my mother...”
“I didn't understand what she was saying, so I asked her to explain... But then she was just shaking her head, thank me, and walk away... I thought she had a problem with, well, her love life and wanted to ask for my mother's advice, but then again...”
“She doesn't like your mother and there's no way she would ask for her help... unless something really serious was going on.” continued Leo.
Piper nodded and tears started to gather in her eyes, “If only I am not so ignorant and realize this sooner...”
"You remember this now, that is enough. There's no guarantee we could make things any better if we knew it earlier. You’re not the only one who was ignorant, Piper. We all are.” said Nico. “But we still have time to fix this. If we move quickly.”
Percy nodded and forced a slight smile. “First of all, start from what we know. Nico, what is exactly Zala told you?”
“ Save her, sister, despair, she will drown, they have lured her, help her, please.  Be careful, the prophecy, save sister, the darkness, beware of the darkness.” replied Nico.
“Okay. So what we need to circle here is; she will drown, they lured her, prophecy, and beware of the darkness.”
“Despair.” said Leo, biting his lip.
“Huh?”
“I think it's important. Despair.”
“Okay, despair then. What can we research first?”
“Prophecy.” said Connor quietly. “She hates prophecies.”
Percy nodded in agreement, “Well, Nico?”
“What?”
“You're the leader. What do you suggest?”
Nico was quiet for a while, “I suggest we find the Oracle.”

>>>>>>>>>>>>
“A prophecy? About darkness and despair?” asked Rachel Elizabeth Dare.
Percy nodded.
“Percy, I know it's hard to believe, but I would never know about such things. The Oracle of Delphi takes over my body, spit out the prophecy, and then leave. I mostly don’t remember anything.”
“Please, can you at least try it?”
Rachel turned to the boy next to Percy, “Hello, are you... that Nico boy?”
“Yes...”
“Oh, you've grown. Last time I saw you, you were just a little boy.”
“Can you please try to do something? This is important.” said Nico with a stern face.
“Okay, okay. Gods of Olympus, I hate to do this... Darkness and despair, huh? Let me call up the snake to see if she knows something then.” Rachel sighed and closed her eyes.
They waited for a moment, and then Rachel's expression started to change. Her eyes were always been green, but they're now glowing with mysterious green light. She spoke, but the voice was nothing like Rachel's,
In despair, too great to recall
Of questions a mark reveal all
Into endless darkness must the light fall
With blood of the half spilled
Eye of the day shall be awakened
And in light bearer’s hand an end decided.”

Rachel opened her eyes and gasped, “Oh, dear gods... it's about Vala, isn't it? Oh, this is so terrible. You have to save her, oh, you have to save her. The dangers she needs to face... Percy, you have to do something! Darkness and despair!”
“We're trying.” assured Percy. “But you need to tell us what the prophecy means.”
“Oh, you moron! Of course I can't. That's not how it works, I myself don’t exactly know what will lay on her paths. But I can feel a great danger, something from the past, so many emotions, light and darkness, despair!”
“Where can we find her?” asked Nico
Rachel closed her eyes and then opened it to look at Nico's eyes straightly, “A dark place where no lights can ever survive.”

>>>>>>>>>>>>
“...What do you fear most, child of Hades? For you will face your most horrible fear if you're trying to interfere us... The girl is ours, she had let herself to be ours. She had surrender to her sorrows and despair. That is her choice. You must stay away... for your darkness is a child's toy compared to us. Leave, child, and we will spare your life, for some space of your heart is filled with darkness.... but you can come again, we will embrace you as our company once that heart of yours is fully united with darkness...just like the girl...”
Nico woke up sweat smeared all over his body. That dream... it was horrible... he can still sense the freezing feeling from the creature.
“Nico... are you alright?” asked Hazel.
“I'm fine.”
“You don’t look fine.”
“Just a nightmare.”
Hazel put her arm around her brother, “We will save her, okay? She'll be here with us again.”
Nico nodded, but say nothing.
“Nico...” called Hazel again.
“Yes?”
“You really care for her, don’t you?”
Nico's face was grim. His gaze was down to his feet as he answered, “She had saved me so many times. She...she had showed me kindness when everyone else is looking at me with suspicions. She had stayed with me when everyone else is leaving. She had... she had really light up my path... I can't....”
Hazel took his brother's hand and squeezed it gently, “We won't let her drown. She is a wonderful person, believe me, I know. And I promise I'll help you with all my capability to help her.”
“Thank you, sis.”

>>>>>>>>>>>>
Why, child of Hades, do you care for her so much? Had she not hurt you so many times? Had she not disappoint you at all times? Had she not show a care about you after all? Why do you insist to take her back? She will still be herself, and she can never return your feelings no matter what she does, or what you do.
“It's not about her return my feelings. It's not about me. It's about her. About she should never fall into darkness. About she must stay as the light as she always does. About she coming back to us, her friends, her real friends, who really love her for herself, not for what she worth. About she letting go of your claws. About she be freed from all of you who just want to make her as a tool.
I admit that I made mistake, all of us did. We are selfish for considering her as the one who should always do the right thing, always please us, always untroubled. But we had seen that we were wrong. And we want to show her that we are sorry. We just want her to be with us once again. To show us her smile, to laugh with us, to comfort us, to be what she always be.
Because we love her. I love her. For everything she was, everything she is, and everything she will. Because I know who she is. And she would never, ever, do anything to hurt her friends... and she will do anything, anything at all, to protect them.”

>>>>>>>>>>>>

“I think it's time for me to call upon a back up.” said Percy with a  stiff expression.
“A back up?”
“Yes. This is very dangerous, but... I think, it really is the time. 'Of questions a mark reveal all'...” Percy took a deep breath. “I need to summon him.”

>>>>>>>>>>>>
Carter awoke in the middle of the night drenched in sweat, he finally called him. Percy.
Just like he had imagined before. He called him in the middle of the night, with an urgent tone in his voice.
Carter shivered a little. He knows that something had gone really wrong these days. Everyone can sense it, something about the sun, about Ra. Zia can only feel uncertainty whenever she channeled the power of the sun god. Every magicians in Brooklyn house can feel it, even it looks like the mortals feel it too. It's just that none of them were sure about what is it had gone wrong.
Now he had a feeling that he'll know it immediately.
He swept his bag from the table and put it in the Duat, then he rushed over to her sister's room, Sadie. He knocked the door urgently, but still under control. He didn’t want any of the trainees woke up.
Sadie finally opened the door with a snap and a pair of red eyes, “You better have a really good reason for wa...”
Carter cut off her sister's words, “He called me. We need to go.”
Sadie's eyes widened and she nodded, “Should I wake the others?”
“Only Zia and Walt. Oh, and Jaz. But she won't come with us. She needs to stay and keep things under control. I'll inform Amos.”
Sadie nodded again and rushed into her room.
Carter turned himself and took a deep breath. This is gonna be an epic meeting.

>>>>>>>>>>>>
; 
“V-vala? You mean... Vala Velreya?” asked Carter with shock.
“You know her?” This time was Percy's turn to be shocked.
“Of course! She was one of our magician, well, not really ours, but she is a magician and she had helped me and my sister a lot of times, and saved us too.”
“Oh!” Sadie covered her mouth, “then...it must be... you are... Percy Jackson?”
“How do you know his name? I've never told you! I don’t even know his surname.” said Carter, but Sadie ignored him and turned around to face Nico.
“And you, must be Nico di Angelo.”
Nico frowned a little but nodded.
“Oh, gods of Egypt! Of course he is! He does really look like Anubis. No wonder Vala was so confused back then...”
“Sadie, calm down.” Walt wrapped his arms around Sadie's shoulder and she covered her distressed face.
“Perhaps we should go with introduction first.” suggested Leo.
“Oh, yes, sure. I just... this is so...” Percy held his forehead and took a deep breath. “Okay, me first. My name is Percy Jackson, from Camp Half-Blood –the Greek side– and I'm son of Poseidon.”

>>>>>>>>>>>>


Note: I just realized that there're some unexplained 'trivial' things. Let's just say that I write other fics and it's been going around Vala's messed up not-so-love life featuring Nico, Leo, Connor, and a little bit of Percy (courtesy of Aphrodite of course). But I really think she is destined to be alone and only be buds with all the guys :-|



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Siapa Bilang 'Grepe -Grepe' Itu Nggak Baik?

Back to the Office! Tips Pilih Tas Kerja yang Paling Pas Buatmu

5 Tas Kerja Pilihan Terbaik